Zara Madani - Neer Bharan Coke Studio Season 6 Episode 3 (Audio/Video/Lyrics)

December 16, 2013 Ambreen 0 Comments


Finding the union of eastern classical inspiration and deep, encompassing electronic vibes is Zara Madani’s ‘Neer Bharan’. The song is the product of an experiment that took the pattern of an electronic track and placed the layers of an age old classically based bandish within the fold to create a story that’s almost cinematic. With the elements of Teen Taal, the song finds its driving inspiration in the nighttime raag Baageshri stirring up a feeling of dark, delicate longing. 
Zara Madani - Neer Bharan Coke Studio
The song in its carnal nature is a whirlwind of female sensuality and haunting temptation. The wordings derive from folklore of the subcontinent painting the moment of yearning set against the backdrop of the night’s enchantment. As the lyrics flow, the song’s progression is almost prowling in its search for the song’s object of obsession – the alluring peeve Nand Laal – a character thematically portrayed in the vocals of Muazzam Ali Khan towards the song’s resolution. A song that has an almost theatrical feel in its tale, the Eastern chant like rhythm is brought to life with the constant electronic groove by the Serbian house band and the percussive elements of the Dhol while the String Orchestra encircles the storm layering the depths of human angst in the face of Separation.

Song Credit:

  • Serbian House Band
  • Goran Antovic | Piano, Keyboards
  • Branko Trijic | Guitar
  • Dejan Antovic | Bass, Electric Upright
  • Jovan Satric | Drums
  • Kaw Dialy Madi Sissoko | Kora
  • Babar Ali Khanna | Dholak
  • Rohail Hyatt | Slide Guitar
  • String Orchestra
  • I Violins
  • Tijana Milosević
  • Mirjana Nešković
  • Ksenija Milošević
  • Jelena Dimitrijević
  • II Violins
  • Selena Jakovljević
  • Jelena Dragnić
  • Tamara Zivković
  • Violas
  • Ivana Uzelac
  • Aleksandra Damjanović
  • Cellos
  • Julijana Marković
  • Uroš Zikić
  • Acoustic Upright
  • Srdjan Djordjević
  • Brass Section
  • Miloš Nikolić – Trumpet
  • Aleksandar Petković - Alto Sax
  • Nikola Demonja - Tenor Sax
  • Mladen Lukić - Trombone
  • Bojan Vukelić - Baritone Sax
  • Dhol Group
  • Babar Ali Khanna
  • Zeeshan Haider
  • Irfan Ali
  • Salman Javed
  • Backing Vocal
  • Rachel Viccaji
  • Zoe Viccaji
Listen Neer bharan Audio and watch the video below.

Neer Bharan Music Video:
  • Song: Neer Bharan
  • Singer: Zara Madani
  • Featuring: Muazzam ali khan
  • Lanuage: Braj
  • Produced by: Rohail Hayaat
  • Coke Studio 
  • Season: 6
  • Episode: 3


Neer Bharan Audio:


Neer Bharan Lyrics:
  • Title: Neer Bharan – To fill water - نیر بھرن
  • Language: Braj
  • نیر بھرن کیسے جاؤں سجنی
  • neer bharan kaise jaaoon sajani
  • Oh how should I go to fill water, my dear friend?
  • جاؤں سجنی
  • jaaoon sajani
  • …should I go, my dear friend?
  • رات اکیلی ڈر موہے لاگے
  • raat akeli ḍar mohe laage
  • The night is dark and I feel frightened all alone
  • پنگھٹ پہ نند لال ٹھیرو
  • panghaṭ pe nand-laal ṭhaiṛo
  • Nand Laal waits at the water well to tease me
  • سجنی کیسے جاؤں
  • sajani kaise jaaoon
  • My dear friend, how should I go?
  • پنیا بھرن جاؤں ارے ہو
  • paniya bharan jaaoon aray ho
  • I went to fill water
  • (sargam)
  • نیر بھرن کیسے جاؤں سجنی
  • neer bharan kaise jaaoon sajani
  • Oh how should I go to fill water, my dear friend?
  • نیر بھرن
  • neer bharan
  • …to fill water
  • کیسے میں جاؤں سجنی
  • kaise main jaaoon sajani
  • How should I go, my dear friend?
  • کیسے جاؤں میں
  • kaise jaaoon main
  • Oh how should I go?
  • کیسے میں جاؤں نیر بھرن
  • kaise main jaaoon neer bharan
  • How should I go to fill water?
  • پنیا بھرن گئی ارے ہو
  • Oh I went to fill water
  • کیسے
  • kaise
  • Oh how?
  • اے ری سکھی کچھ بن ناہیں آئے
  • e ri sakhi kachh ban naaheen aaye
  • Oh my friends, I just can’t understand what to do
  • اے ری سکھی کچھ بن ناہیں آئےموہے
  • e ri sakhi kachh ban naaheen aaye mohe
  • Oh my friends, I just can’t understand what to do
Hope you like this post. Please reply with your valuable feedback.